ARPA Youth Conference 2022 - BC
Friday, October 14th @ 01:00 pm - Saturday, October 15th @ 03:00 pm
Stepping Stones Bible Camp: 10943 Brooks Road Deroche, British Columbia, Canada
"You are the light of the world.” “Walk as children of light.” “Let your light shine before others.”
The Bible describes fallen humanity as walking in darkness, but that Jesus is the light of the world. After that Light ascended into heaven, He sent His Spirit of Light to dwell in His people so that they might continue to shine the light of truth in the midst of the darkness in all areas of life.
This theme of LIGHT is the theme of this year’s 2022 ARPA Youth Conference in British Columbia. We invite high school students (grades 9-12) to the Stepping Stones Bible Camp in Deroche on October 14-15. Join students from a variety of schools and homes across the province for some food and fellowship, fun and games, lectures and learning, and even an election!
We encourage you to register using the link below. Due to the capacity of the camp, we will only be able to accept 80 students. Students will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis and based on whether they attend a Reformed Christian church.
It’ll be enlightening. It’ll be lit. It’ll be illuminating. We hope to see you there!
As much as possible, we ask you to register using your personal email (Not a parental email or institutional email)
(Example: Use Davey.VanArt@gmail.com not Davey.VanArt@school.com)
We promise we will not send you any newsletters etc. unless you opt-in at a later date.
Friday, October 14, 2022
1:00-1:30 Registration and Snacks
1:30-1:45 Welcome and Opening Devotions
1:45-2:45 Keynote Address – Light – Mike Schouten
2:45-3:30 Icebreaker Election
3:30-4:30 Workshop – What Should Governments Do? – Levi Minderhoud
4:30-6:00 Sports and Games
6:30-7:30 Keynote Address – Life – Tabitha Ewert
7:30-7:45 Closing Devotions
7:45-11:00 Free Time
11:00 Lights Out
Saturday, October 15, 2022
8:00-8:15 Opening Devotions
8:45-9:30 ARPA Leaderboard – Daniel Kanis
9:30-10:30 School Activity Planning
10:30-12:00 Sports and Games
12:30-2:30 Care not Kill Flyer Distribution
2:30-2:45 Kahoot Trivia Game
2:45-3:00 Debrief and Closing Devotions
Things you need to bring
· Your own lunch to eat at school or on the way to Stepping Stones on Friday
· $20 to pay for the conference
· Toothbrush/toothpaste and any other toiletries (there are showers there)
· A sleeping bag, pillow, and perhaps an extra blanket (most of us will be sleeping in tent cabins and it will get cold at night)
· Changes of clothes (indoor clothes, outdoor clothes, around-the-fire clothes, and swimming clothes)
· Water bottle
· A Bible
Things to tell your parents or teachers
· You all will be sleeping in tent cabins (boys in one set of cabins and girls in another sets of cabins). If you or your parents want, you are free to leave on the Friday evening after 8:00 pm, sleep at home, and return on the Saturday morning before 8:00 am.
· You need to arrive at Stepping Stones between 1:00-1:30 PM on the Friday and get picked up from Stepping Stones at 3:00 PM on the Saturday. Coordinate rides with your classmates, parents, or school.
· Some of the ARPA staff members (men and women) will be around to chaperone the students at all times, but other parents or teachers are welcome to chaperone during the days as well. If your parent or teacher is interested in chaperoning, let Levi (email@example.com) know.